ACCA Food CollectionAnnandale Christian Community for Action - non-perishables to supplement ACCA Food Bank
The Shepherd's Center of Annandale-SpringfieldA Senior Adults program, occasionally offered
UBC Sandwich TeamPreparing Sandwiches for those in need and distributed by Food for Others
UBC Sandwich TeamDelivering sandwiches to Food for Others
Meals on Wheels Food Delivery VolunteersUBC donates an office for this Fairfax County Adult Services Food Assistance program.
UBC and Mission Center Leaders at ThanksgivingDr. Yawn expresses gratitude for and introduces the Community Partners of our Mission Center
Bailey's Crossroads Community ShelterUBC supports Northern Virginia Family Service in its mission to help thoe experiencing homelessness
Students preparing mealsfor Parents' Classes in Fairfax County
Annandale ACCA CWS/CROP Walk 2019Team Leader, "Cream of the Crop" award winner, Sally Norris, raised over $54,000 for a total of 13
Our Students serving other community servants.Students baked and delivered Valentines' Day Cookies to local Police Department in gratitude.
Notice: In this time of social distancing, our Mission Center Community Partners are making safe independent decisions about scheduling or meeting. 99% are meeting online or by conference call. Our building is clean, but we recommend that you distance yourself for containment. Check in with your group's leadership to know if events/meetings are online, cancelled or postponed. UPDATES:
- Meals on Wheels is being handled by Fairfax County Fastran delivery service, not volunteers at this time.
- Food for Others, a non-profit we support through our Sandwich Ministry is still providing services, thanks to your financial donations and restaurant food donations.
- ACCA is in need of financial
donations at this time. Thank you!
- Ongoing - Pull for the House! Save pop tabs for Ronald McDonald House, Fairfax, Va
- Sandwich Making for the Homeless (Wednesdays 9:15 AM Fellowship Hall, taken to Food for Others).
- Local Benevolence (food and financial aid distributed to area needy persons)
- Winter Months - We collect gently used Outerwear: coats, hats, scarves, heavy sweaters and gloves for ACCA's outreach to local Day Laborers and Homeless individuals.
- February - Souper Bowl of Caring (Non-perishable food to ACCA Stuff the Bus event at Giant, this year
- Young-At-Heart-Gadabouts (a Senior Adult group that enjoys fellowship through outings together--email or call office for schedule)
- Family Breakfasts (Monthly adult social outings for fellowship at local restaurants-call or email Rev. Moyer for next schedule)
- Call to Prayer, Brown Bag Lunch and Mixed Adult Bible Study (12:00 pm Wednesdays in Sanctuary, 2nd floor. Main Entrance called "Church Office"). Topic is "Prayer, the why, what, when, where, who and how of prayer!" Questions, email Rev. Moyer or call office.
- Sanctuary Choir (Thursdays at 7:30 pm, all welcome!)
- Student Activities -- on temporary hiatus; a recruiting and outreach position may be available. For more information, contact Rev. Moyer.
- Hospital, Home and Convalescent/Rehab/Assisted Living Pastoral Visitation regularly or by request. Call the office to add or edit "Agape-type Love Ministry Possibilities" to The Vision Newsletter.
UBC Mission Center
Community Partnered Activities:
- ACCA (Annandale Christian Community for Action)
- Amerikids: Annandale Children's Learning Center
- Baileys Host Lions Club (occasional event)
- Baptist General Association of Virginia
- Baptist Joint Committee for Religious Liberty
- Baptist World Alliance
- Cooperative Baptist Fellowship
- Exercise Classes (Tai Chi)
- Gideon’s International (Annandale Camp)
- G.U.T.S. Toastmasters International
- John Leland Center for Theological Studies
- La Voce Studios, LLC
- Meals on Wheels (delivery site only)
- New Beginning Missionary Baptist Church
- OA (Overeaters Anonymous)
- The Shepherd's Center
- Sopranessence Vocal Ensemble (occasional event)
- Vocal and Instrumental Groups (The Wakefield Chorale, Music Instructors' Student Recitals)
- Winter Homeless Shelter Support (New Hope Housing / BCCS Hypothermia)
- Zemfira Stage Community Theater (occasional event)