ACCA Food CollectionAnnandale Christian Community for Action - non-perishables to supplement ACCA Food Bank
The Shepherd's Center of Annandale-SpringfieldA Senior Adults program, occasionally offered
UBC Sandwich TeamPreparing Sandwiches for those in need and distributed by Food for Others
UBC Sandwich TeamDelivering sandwiches to Food for Others
Meals on Wheels Food Delivery VolunteersUBC donates an office for this Fairfax County Adult Services Food Assistance program.
UBC and Mission Center Leaders at ThanksgivingDr. Yawn expresses gratitude for and introduces the Community Partners of our Mission Center
Bailey's Crossroads Community ShelterUBC supports Northern Virginia Family Service in its mission to help thoe experiencing homelessness
Students preparing mealsfor Parents' Classes in Fairfax County
Annandale ACCA CWS/CROP Walk 2019Team Leader, "Cream of the Crop" award winner, Sally Norris, raised over $54,000 for a total of 13
Our Students serving other community servants.Students baked and delivered Valentines' Day Cookies to local Police Department in gratitude.
Are you a Community Organization that is always scrambling to find affordable local space for a meeting or an event? We can help!
We have weekday space available in our church facility and venue in Annandale, Virginia for Community Service organizations, businesses, non-profits or groups that fill various types of human needs and services.
In addition to large group venue space, we also offer classroom, rehearsal and meeting spaces.
Please contact the office at 703.256.5900, M-F if you are interested in a Tour!
Our Facility is The United Baptist Church Mission Center!
at 7100 Columbia Pike, Annandale, Virginia 22003-3106
Biblically, each church is a Mission Center—a facility in which the church (identified as each congregant) gathers to remember and celebrate the Biblical truth that each person is the church, moving among one another in daily life (as Jesus lived). A sense of cooperative community-building through love, service and compassion is felt here on our campus. Won't you explore our facility?
Are you a good neighbor or a volunteer? Do you participate in local service groups that are looking for a space to meet? Are you an entrepreneur with a small established business or a start-up that needs an affordable and safe office? Have you recently down sized and need a new office space with a conference room? We have short-term, temporary and longer-term spaces available.
Earlier congregants understood church as a facility and persons who met on Sundays and one weeknight. We recognize that the world needs "church" to be more than that today! Using our building so minimally would be a waste of our faith heritage. Since 2014, we intentionally share our legacy of faith and resources by connecting with like-minded yet diverse groups and organizations with a service paradigm. Those we encounter through daily living, playing, meeting up, working, shopping, serving communities or being together on campus are the same persons with whom we can discover or confront God. We invite you to imagine a "community center" filled with opportunities for all ages in Annandale, Virginia. What creativity and restoration might this vision prompt?
Weekend usage is a premium and heavily scheduled in advance, but we may have room
for your event or small conference. Some restrictions apply and certificates of insurance are required.
- Ongoing - Pull for the House! Save pop tabs for Ronald McDonald House, Fairfax, VA
- Ongoing - Box Tops for Education, see Student Page
- Ongoing - Hygiene Kits for the Homeless - Our Students continue to collect travel size soaps, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, toothpaste and toothbrushes to make hygiene kits for distribution at the Bailey’s Crossroads Shelter. Please remember to collect these items at hotels when you are traveling and bring them back to donate for our project. Thank you for helping us help our less fortunate neighbors. Donation box is in church office.
- Sandwich Making for the Homeless (Wednesdays 9:15 AM Fellowship Hall, taken to Food for Others).
- Local Benevolence (food and financial aid distributed to area needy persons)
- Winter Months - We collect gently used Outerwear: coats, hats, scarves, heavy sweaters and gloves for ACCA's outreach to local Day Laborers and Homeless individuals.
- February - Souper Bowl of Caring (Non-perishable food and financial donations to ACCA and Westlawn Elementary School)
- Summer/Fall/as needed - Flood Buckets of Love - Students coordinate financial donations to Virginia Baptist Disaster Relief for mucking out and cleaning supplies after floods in Virginia, West Virginia and other states as needed.
- Young-At-Heart-Gadabouts (a Senior Adult group that enjoys fellowship through outings together--call office for schedule)
- Family Breakfasts (Monthly adult social outings for fellowship at local restaurants-call office for next schedule)
- Women's Bible Study (1:00 pm Wednesdays/off for Summer)
- Sanctuary Choir (Thursdays at 7:30 pm, all welcome!)
- Student Activities -- Movie Nights, Student Missions Projects, Inter-generational Service opportunities, Bible Studies, Sunday School, Craft Days, and Summer programs like "Terrific Tuesdays" or "Wacky Wednesdays" (various private schedules and locations). For more information, contact Rev. Turner.
- Hospital, Home and Convalescent/Rehab/Assisted Living Pastoral Visitation regularly or by request. Call the office to add or edit "Agape-type Love Ministry Possibilities" to The Vision Newsletter.
- Veterans' Hospital in Washington, DC - past outreach: magazine collection.
UBC Mission Center
Community Partnered Activities:
- ACCA (Annandale Christian Community for Action)
- Amerikids: Annandale Children's Learning Center
- Annandale Youth Soccer
- Baptist General Association of Virginia
- Baptist Joint Committee for Religious Liberty
- Baptist World Alliance
- Cooperative Baptist Fellowship
- Exercise Classes (Tai Chi)
- Gideon’s International (Annandale Camp)
- G.U.T.S. Toastmasters International
- John Leland Center for Theological Studies
- La Voce Studios, LLC
- Meals on Wheels (delivery site only)
- New Beginning Missionary Baptist Church
- OA (Overeaters Anonymous)
- The Shepherd's Center
- Sopranessence Vocal Ensemble
- TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) [This local chapter closed. Find a new meeting by clicking the link TOPS. Thank you!]
- Vocal and Instrumental Groups (ANCO, The Wakefield Chorale, Music Instructors' Student Recitals)
- Winter Homeless Shelter Support (New Hope Housing / BCCS Hypothermia)
- Zemfira Stage Community Theater