ACCA Food CollectionAnnandale Christian Community for Action - non-perishables to supplement ACCA Food Bank
The Shepherd's Center of Annandale-SpringfieldA Senior Adults program, occasionally offered
UBC Sandwich TeamPreparing Sandwiches for those in need and distributed by Food for Others
UBC Sandwich TeamDelivering sandwiches to Food for Others
Meals on Wheels Food Delivery VolunteersUBC donates an office for this Fairfax County Adult Services Food Assistance program.
UBC and Mission Center Leaders at ThanksgivingDr. Yawn expresses gratitude for and introduces the Community Partners of our Mission Center
Bailey's Crossroads Community ShelterUBC supports Northern Virginia Family Service in its mission to help thoe experiencing homelessness
Students preparing mealsfor Parents' Classes in Fairfax County
Annandale Crop Walk 2017Walker Sally Norris, raised over $5,700 this year, for a total of 9 years to over $40,000
February FocusCongregants bring non-perishable foods and cash to donate to ACCA Food Bank in 2018.
Please Remember, We Have Officially Designated our Facility at the Church in Annandale, Virginia, as
The United Baptist Church Mission Center
WE HAVE WEEKDAY SPACE AVAILABLE IN OUR CHURCH FACILITY AND VENUE IN ANNANDALE, VIRGINIA FOR COMMUNITY SERVICE ORGANIZATIONS THAT FILL HUMAN NEEDS.
Biblically, each church is a Mission Center—a facility in which the church (identified as each congregant) gathers to remember and celebrate the Biblical truth that each person is the church, in human body form, moving among persons “on the street” (as Jesus moved there) to meet persons’ human NEEDS as well as to spotlight each person meeting NEEDS through their job, volunteerism, neighboring and family!But because earlier congregants also envisioned church as a facility—not just persons—we have come to recognize that the same persons we meet daily “on the streets,” with whom individually we try to be “church,” can be invited inside God’s facility for activities that meet their NEEDS. Jesus himself prayed that we create “Life on earth as it is in Heaven.” So, the current and future group activities under the roof of our Mission Center Facility do try to do that which we are committing ourselves to do one-to-one every day “on the streets” where we live.
- Ongoing - Pull for the House! Save pop tabs for Ronald McDonald House, Fairfax, VA
- Ongoing - Box Tops for Education, see Student Page
- Ongoing - Hygiene Kits for the Homeless - Our Students continue to collect travel size soaps, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, toothpaste and toothbrushes to make hygiene kits for distribution at the Bailey’s Crossroads Shelter. Please remember to collect these items at hotels when you are traveling and bring them back to donate for our project. Thank you for helping us help our less fortunate neighbors. Donation box is in church office.
- Sandwich Making for the Homeless (Wednesdays 9:15 AM Fellowship Hall, taken to Food for Others).
- Local Benevolence (food and financial aid distributed to area needy persons)
- Winter Months - We collect gently used Outerwear: coats, hats, scarves, heavy sweaters and gloves for ACCA's outreach to local Day Laborers and Homeless individuals.
- February - Souper Bowl of Caring (Non-perishable food and financial donations to ACCA and Westlawn Elementary School)
- Summer/Fall/as needed - Flood Buckets of Love - Students coordinate financial donations to Virginia Baptist Disaster Relief for mucking out and cleaning supplies after floods in Virginia, West Virginia and other states as needed.
- Young-At-Heart-Gadabouts (a Senior Adult group that enjoys fellowship through outings together--call office for schedule)
- Family Breakfasts (Monthly adult social outings for fellowship at local restaurants-call office for next schedule)
- Women's Bible Study (1:00 pm Wednesdays/off for Summer)
- Sanctuary Choir (Thursdays at 7:30 pm, all welcome!)
- Student Activities -- Movie Nights, Student Missions Projects, Inter-generational Service opportunities, Bible Studies, Sunday School, Craft Days, and Summer programs like "Terrific Tuesdays" or "Wacky Wednesdays" (various private schedules and locations). For more information, contact Rev. Turner.
- Hospital, Home and Convalescent/Rehab/Assisted Living Pastoral Visitation regularly or by request. Call the office to add or edit "Agape-type Love Ministry Possibilities" to The Vision Newsletter.
- Veterans' Hospital in Washington, DC - past outreach: magazine collection.
UBC Mission Center
Community Partnered Activities:
- ACCA (Annandale Christian Community for Action)
- Amerikids: Annandale Children's Learning Center
- Annandale Youth Soccer
- Baptist General Association of Virginia
- Baptist Joint Committee for Religious Liberty
- Baptist World Alliance
- Cooperative Baptist Fellowship
- Exercise Classes (Tai Chi)
- Gideon’s International (Annandale Camp)
- G.U.T.S. Toastmasters International
- John Leland Center for Theological Studies
- La Voce Studios, LLC
- Meals on Wheels (delivery site only)
- New Beginning Missionary Baptist Church
- NorthStar Church Network (no longer on campus)
- OA (Overeaters Anonymous)
- The Shepherd's Center
- TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) [This local chapter closed. Find a new meeting by clicking the link TOPS. Thank you!]
- Vocal and Instrumental Groups (ANCO, The Wakefield Chorale, Music Instructors' Student Recitals)
- Winter Homeless Shelter Support (New Hope Housing / BCCS Hypothermia)